Monday, July 9, 2007

"You will never be the same"



This was the prophetic word from my pastor. I'd been fortunate enough to attend a special prayer session he had called for the members of Faithful Central Bible Church. We formed a circle around the Tabernacle, and prayed for one another, and especially for Bishop Ulmer who was considering some big decisions .

It was the answer I had hoped for, and had sent First Lady Togetta a note asking for prayer since I was going on a mission that loomed as a turning point in my faith: along with fifteen others, I would be taking water tanks, medicines, and computers to villages in East Africa.


The Bishop was available to chat about my upcoming trip to Kenya and Uganda, and shared his insights on what it would mean to my life. I nodded at the thought, though felt less trepidation that before the prayers went forth. As I stood in the Presidential Suite of the Safari Club in the finanacial district of Nairobi two weeks later, it was clear what this declaration would mean. I was changed.

Other insightful commetns:

"I'm so proud of you" (My best friend, Dana and her dad, Joe)
"I have that excited nervous feeling in my stomach" (Mom)

"That's Sooo Cool" (Camille, my niece and Barbara, my mentee)

"This is going to be so good for you" (Dr. Joyce Johnson)

No comments: